British American Tobacco
Job Purpose: The Brand Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation by end markets of the Area brand marketing strategy in order to maximise and ensure sustainability of identified brands in the East & Central Africa Area (ECAA) Portfolio through developing, communicating, implementing and evaluating brand strategic programmes and guidelines covering packaging, product, consumer engagement and pricing in line with brand objectives.
- Manage the development and completion of plans (strategic, operational, annual performance review, budget, research, cycle plans and activity plans) for the identified brands.
- Initiate brand innovations to improve brand image attributes amongst target consumers
- Contribute to formulation of ECAA brand segment objectives and strategies in agreement with the Regional Brand Guidelines
- Provide recommendations based on the research findings to optimise brand performance in line with company marketing objectives
- Manage development of programmes/communication to manage price relativities of the brand across all channels.
- Provide input within the creative process with the agency and monitor the agency performance based on set Key Performance Indicators.
- Based on Area brand strategies and plans, and following end market specific requirements, manage product & packaging developments briefs in accordance with international guidelines.
- Ensure efficiency of allocated Brand Support Expenditures to end markets, in accordance with accepted company guidelines & procedures
- Gather and analyse relevant information in a timely and consistent manner in a format which supports effective and efficient decision making by ECAA Marketing leadership team.
- Degree in Marketing or a business related field.
- Professional qualification in Marketing is an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in Brand Marketing at other FMCG companies or world class communication agency with experience in Trade Marketing role, demonstrating a thorough understanding and knowledge of Consumer and Trade marketing functional competencies.