Aga Khan Hospital Biomedical Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Career Employment Biomedical Manager Nairobi Kenya June 2019
The Aga Khan University Hospital
Job Vacancy: Biomedical Manager – Department of Engineering
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Biomedical Manager in the Department of Engineering, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director Facilities, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervision & coordination of activities in the Biomedical Section, manage all employees engaged in maintenance, repair, calibration, inventory management of medical equipment & tools, ensure the plans for all new projects are coordinated and in accordance with the strategic goals of the hospital.
The successful candidate will also serve as a consultant for procurement of new equipment and a problem solver for all major equipment related issues and problems.
- Manage overall operations of Biomedical Engineering, be responsible for the administration, implementation and ongoing development of quality management system & medical technology management program to attain customer satisfaction and to ensure the compliance of the applicable standards and regulatory requirements;
- Develop, review and update the policies, processes, protocols and SOPs related the biomedical engineering department as per changing requirements of the standards and regulatory requirements (JCIA, ISO, Infection control, radiation safety, electrical safety etc.) and direction from Institution’s leadership;
- Monitor the compliance and adherence to set policies, produces and standards through inspections, internal audits, and customer feedback, Make significant contribution to the continual improvement through quality projects and analysis of maintenance data.
- Ensure financial performance by adhering to expense budgets and cost containment targets and processing and monitoring of procurement of parts and consumable, online inventory management, approval of invoices, analysis of budget variance and maintenance of balanced scorecard;
- Perform Technical Evaluations of hi—tech medical technologies, be part of purchasing committee, formulate the plans for standardization of medical equipment and provide recommendations; Once equipment is procured ensure its correct installation, user and technical training as part of acceptance process;
- Work with the stakeholders and department representatives on projects related to new equipment acquisition, installation, renovation, modifications, or replacement planning.
- Oversee inventory management of medical equipment and spares by ensuring all medical equipment are identified/tagged and logged in inventory system; appropriately scheduled for maintenance based on risk assessment, provide performance reports on equipment breakdowns, uptime, incidents, staff utilization in relation operation and maintenance of equipment;
- Establish & implement equipment testing procedures, schedules and work instructions for equipment acceptance, calibration, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance. Ensure accurate and efficient management of departmental records and reports;
- As an active member of JCIA -FMS committee, work closely with the leadership and department heads to ensure the compliance of FMS chapter of JICA standards Ensure the compliance of all the measureable elements of JCIA-FMS plans & programs related to Safety, Security, Hazardous materials, emergencies, fire safety, medical technology and utility systems.
- Perform facility inspections, internal audits and document reviews to identify the gaps and to device a corrective action plan.
To be considered for this position, you should have a B.Eng / Bsc. in Biomedical Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant experience in a hospital setting in Managerial Capacity.
Possession of an MBA / Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, have highly developed analytical and problem solving skills with knowledge of, and ability to apply relevant legislation, guidelines and standards.
Competence in working with minimum supervision and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines is a must.
Experience in working in a JCI Accredited Hospital will be an added advantage.
In addition, you should have expertise in planned maintenance, budgets and financial control, good eye for design, good communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with data tracking and management and familiarity with electronic systems.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, clearly indicating current and expected remuneration should be sent to
the Recruitment Manager,
Aga Khan University Hospital,
so as to reach not later than 16th June, 2019.
Please quote the position title on the email subject.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted