Administration Officer CHF International Career kenyas in Kenya July 2013
Job Title: Office Administration Officer
-Office Admin Officer
Job Title: Office Administration Officer
Department: Admin and Procurement
Reports To: Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya July
The Office Administration Officer is responsible organizing and coordinating Nairobi office operations and procedures and
supporting other CHF offices in administration activities to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 Staff Assistance
• Prepare, disseminate and file correspondences including meeting minutes,
• Support the planning, preparation and coordination of events including meetings and trainings.
• Ensure timely and accurate filing of minutes for the all staff meetings
• Manage use of office meeting spaces
• Ensure CHF Kenya July contact list is updated on a monthly basis.
• Maintain and manage office supply, stationery, and kitchen supplies for Nairobi office.
• Maintain monthly CHF Kenya July cell phone charges database, and forward to staff and finance for bill payment in liaison with SPLO
• Assists with securing visas and other travel needs for international visitors.
• Assist with production of reports, newsletters, training materials and other documents including photocopying.
• Assist program staff with research needs.
• Ensure incoming mail is distributed
• Assist with travel arrangements for Nairobi office staff as well as making hotel and transport arrangements for
visitors to Kenya July; coordinate with Logistics Assistant on transpiration arrangements.
1.2 Office Maintenance
• Oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, fax, binding machine to
ensure that they are in working order and arrange for their repair and maintenance as needed.
• Oversee proper running of utilities for the building such as electricity water and proper function of telephone lines.
• Ensure that the office building and the surrounding area are clean and clear from obstructions.
• Maintain and update the asset register ensuring timely tagging and branding.
• Maintain office gate pass for timely recording of office equipment’s.
• Coordinate all taxi requests
• Maintain condition of office and coordinate with Senior Procurement and Logistic Officer on repairs.
• Ensure that all office equipment and work space properly maintained and serviced. Follow up with vendors for after sale service and maintenance.
• Ensure Nairobi Office storerooms are organized and clean.
1.3 Capacity Building CHF International/Kenya – Position Descriptions – XXX – Page 2 of 2 – XXX
• Liaise with Field Administration staff to ensure administration policies and procedures are understood and adhered to in each office including responding to any potential questions.
• Conduct trainings and meetings with field admin staff to build capacity and understanding of administrative activities.
• Conduct visits to field offices as required to assist with implementation of administration activities and build capacity and understanding of staff
• Assist in building the capacity of partners/sub partners’ office administration capacity.
• Supervises Nairobi officer caretakers and receptionist
• Ensure backups for all admin positions are identified, trained, and in place in the event of any extended absence in the admin department.
• Undertake any other duties as may be allocated by your supervisor.
– Advanced interpersonal communication skills, relationship building and organizational skills;
– Demonstrated ability to work constructively in a team;
– Ability to negotiate solutions to problems;
– Excellent communication and organizational skills;
– Ability to interact clearly and effectively with donors and other organizations;
– Advanced working knowledge of MS Word and Excel computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor in Business Management or equivalent.
– 2-3 years of experience as an Office Manager/Administrator or the equivalent.
– Previous experience in working with international NGO is desirable.
– Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English.
– Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili.
– Basic arithmetic skills to be able to interact and analyze figures.
– Based in the Nairobi office;
– Long hours and weekend work sometimes required;
Names: _________________________ Name: ___________________________
Signature: ________________________ Signature: _____________________
Date: ___________________________ Date: ______________
How to Apply:
Applicants are to submit their application letters with detailed CV by Monday, 26th March 2013 to email@example.com with the Title of the Position being applied for addressed to:
The Country Director,
P.O. Box 1661 00606 Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya July
Only short listed firms/candidates will be contacted. CHF is an equal opportunity
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new Career kenya vacancies.Subscribe down here