Our client, an interior fit outs construction company based in Nairobi with projects country wide is seeking to hire an Accounts Assistant (Interior – Fit outs).
Gross Salary: Ksh. 30,000
Overall Job Purpose: The Accounts Assistant will support the Accounting department by processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and filing among other duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Posting of suppliers invoices in the system.
- Preparing payment vouchers and reconciling creditor’s accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Processing payments, Posting of Payments for Suppliers and other regular expenses for all the banks in the Accounting System and reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Maintaining accounts payable files and records.
- Coordinating with international suppliers on payment and timely delivery of consignments and their pricing for sale
- Daily cash reconciliation on Cash, Mpesa, Credit card, Cheques among others.
- Ensure proper management of petty cash and disbursements.
- Maintaining the billing system and generating invoices, ensuring proper coding on documents and account statements and following up to ensure settlement.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status per client
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records.
- Generate monthly, quarterly or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity.
- Ensure all related tax obligations – VAT, PAYE, WHT and statutory deductions are accurately accounted for, reported and respective payments remitted to the regulators and returns filed accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA-K or ACCA.
- At Least 2 years’ relevant work experience in the construction industry
- Must have hands-on experience with Sage accounting software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as “Accounts Assistant” not later than 9th May 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate against the applicants on any basis.