Kabarak University invites applications from interested and suitable qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position in the University.
The University is a Christian institution committed to Biblical Christian principles and values and the successful candidate will be required to uphold this value system.
Marketing and Communication Manager
Ref. No. KABU /AD/17/7/15
- Must hold a Bachelors degree in Marketing or Media Studies and postgraduate Diploma in Public relations or Mass Communication.
- Candidates with a Masters Degree in Marketing will have an added advantage.
- Should have at least 5 years of work experience with clear demonstrated results.
- Should be in possession of excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be conversant with relevant aspects of Information Communication & Technology.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Market University academic programmes.
- Develop marketing and public relations policies.
- Handling queries and concerns from various publics.
- Develop marketing tools and materials.
- Ensure that the University has a positive image in the eyes of the public.
- Publicizing important events taking place at the University.
- Oversee corporate social responsibility activities.
- Manage and coordinate special events.
- Corporate hospitality (receiving University visitors and guests)
- Coordinate linkages with industry, institutions and other corporate bodies
- Market the University as a destination for conferences and workshops.
- Develop graduation supplement.
- Develop and circulate in-house news letters.
Remuneration and Terms of Employment
Appointments to the above positions will be on permanent and pensionable following a satisfactory probation period of six (6) months.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to successful candidate.
Applicants should forward their applications including a soft copy and detailed Curriculum Vitae.
They should attach supporting certified copies of certificates and testimonials.
The applicants should also indicate their current earning and salary expectations.
Applicants should provide day time telephone number and names and addresses of three referees who are knowledgeable about applicants’ competence, area of specialization, character and faith.
The applicants should also request their referees to write immediately and directly to the undersigned.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned to be received not later than Friday, 31st July 2015.
The Registrar (Administration & Human Resource)
Private Bag – 20157,
Kabarak – Kenya